Saturday, August 28, 2010

Things I've learned in my 30 years

The LORD has blessed me with 30 years on this earth, and I thought I would jot down some of the things I have learned in that time:

- Christ is the answer to any important question that begins with the word "why".

- Life is hard. It's meant to be hard, and without that difficulty, we wouldn't be able to identify with Christ.

- The only thing in my life that I find truly easy is being in love with my son.

- I don't need a ton of friends, but without the friends I have, I wouldn't be the man I am.

- Running is my catharsis.

- Christ is the answer to any important question that begins with the word "who".

- I am good at being a dad. Why? See the first point.

- One man, and one man alone, enabled me to make it through the darkest point in my life. Who? see two points up.

- I don't read the Word enough. When I was in school for Biblical Studies and reading the Word every day for hours, I wasn't reading the Word enough. If anyone ever thinks they do read the Word enough, I worry about that person's eternal fate.

- I'm supremely blessed by God to have two parents who demonstrate the love of Christ through their relationship with each other. It's a rare thing these days, as my life demonstrates.

- I long to go home, but know that there is still a purpose for me down here, even if I have absolutely no idea what that purpose is.

- Christ is the answer to any important question. Period.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, an amazing testimony for your 30 years!! Happy Birthday and we love you. (And thank you for you compliment to dad and I, it means a lot to us.)