Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Where I'm at

It's been a long time since I've blogged, and as most of you know, a lot has happened since my last entry. I've been debating for awhile whether or not to blog, and until now I haven't been emotionally or psychologically ready. Now, however, I feel there is something I need to say. God is indeed the most faithful in the toughest times of our lives. I never really understood this, as I have had a pretty good life. For the first time in my life, though, I am experiencing true, raw grief. As I go through this time, I am finding that God is using this experience to snap me back into place. For the past couple years, I have been a very difficult person to be with. I have been filled to the brim with anger, bitterness, and sometimes indifference to the difficulties of those around me. I have been singularly focused on my own goal and dreams, and unresponsive to the needs of those around me. It took losing everything I hold dear to realize I needed to change. Tough times are never something to be desired, but going through them really does remind you of what is truly important in life. My prayer and hope is that, on the other side of this storm, I can be refined into a better man, a better parent, and a better follower of Christ. Pray that I learn to walk beside Christ as I go through my life, instead of attempting to assert my will upon both God and those I love the most. Pray that God continues to break down and reveal the barriers my own sin has built up around me over the past few years. Right now, I rely on God just to get from minute to minute, and in a weird way, there is comfort in that. I look forward to the path that the LORD has made before me (as scary as it is), and hope all of you are a part of that path!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Josh! This post is amazing and touched my heart. How can you go wrong when you're following the Lord and waiting for His will? We'll be praying for you, your pictures are adorable.